I was really curious about getting a under counter wine cooler, but figured they were probably way to expensive. After conducting hours of research online and at best buy, I came up with this guide and narrowed down which under counter wine fridge I would get. A couple of things right off the bat, I was happy to see that they really aren’t too expensive, in fact I found a 12 bottle cooler for just under $100! The price goes from there as do the amount of bottles it can hold and of course fancy lights and buttons. But check this guide out, it should help you figure out the best option for you!
- 1 Under Counter Wine Fridge Reviews
- 18.104.22.168.1 IGLOO FRW041 4-Bottle Wine Cooler
- 22.214.171.124.2 Haier 6-Bottle Wine Cellar
- 126.96.36.199.3 Haier 8-Bottle Wine Cellar
- 188.8.131.52.4 Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler
- 184.108.40.206.5 NewAir AW-121E 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- 220.127.116.11.6 Culinair AW162S Thermoelectric 16-Bottle Wine Cooler
- 18.104.22.168.7 Haier 18-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
- 22.214.171.124.8 Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
- 126.96.36.199.9 Koldfront 24 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
- 188.8.131.52.10 23 Bottle Dual Zone Built-In Wine Cooler
- 2 Things to consider
- 3 Where will you put the wine cooler?
- 4 Will it look good in my Kitchen?
- 5 Conclusion
Some things to consider before selecting which beverage fridge will work for you are.
- How many bottles do I need to keep cool?
- Do I have the space?
- How much will it cost?
- What Size bottles will it fit?
- What temperatures do I store the wine at?
- Is this loud and will it vibrate my wine?
- Is it dark enough for my bottles?
Just some things to think about when buying a wine fridge. It’s important to think about the 4 enemies of wine. These are things that can turn that great bottle of wine into that not so good bottle. Here they are
- Temperature. All wine should be stored at 55 degrees. (53 and 57 degrees give or take works well). At this temperature it stops wine from getting too hot or too cold, which causes them to oxidize or freeze. Temperature of wine is really important so it must stay at that consistent temperature so that it won’t ruin the bottle.
- Light. Light is the enemy to a bottle of wine. Light can penetrate through the bottle and damage it. If you are storing a good bottle for a long period of time, it must stay in a dark location.
- Humidity. Corks need humidity so that they don’t crack and break that seal, which would cause air in the bottle and oxidize.
- Vibration. Having the bottles remain still is important so that it doesn’t shift the corks.
Ok, so now that you have a little knowledge of the importance of wine temperature and light control we can move onto the best wine coolers online. I have put together to top-selling wine refrigerators available right now.
Under Counter Wine Fridge Reviews
IGLOO FRW041 4-Bottle Wine Cooler
Igoloo makes a great under counter or on counter wine cooler. This one is a 4-bottle wine fridge, that is practical and useful. Particularly if you don’t have a ton of space, this is perfect for that situation. Being a vertical wine cooler, it can be place easily under the counter or small place just fine. This would make a great gift for a friends or relatives.
- Vertical Wine Cooler that can Hold up to 4 Bottles
- Temperature Control that is Adjustable keep whites cold or reds at cellar temperatures
- Layered Glass Door
- White LED Light
- Adjustable Shelves
Haier 6-Bottle Wine Cellar
One of the more popular wine cellars sold online, is the Haier 6-bottle, model. A very elegant looking wine fridge is ideal for under counter of above counter use. This model can fit 6 white or red bottles of wine. The blue LED thermostat is adjustable for your liking, whether it be a cool 65 degrees for reds or 40 degrees for a white wine.
This model also features a soft interior light to highlight the bottles inside, while not causing them to spoil due to the light source. Super light weight and sturdy, while reaming very quiet is a bonus!
- Great for counter top or under the counter
- Great for all Red wine or White Wine
- Smoked Glass with Black Cabinet and Curved Door
- Digital Thermostat Control is Adjustable with Blue LED light (Display 46-66F)
- Soft white Interior Light
Haier 8-Bottle Wine Cellar
The haier 8-bottle wine unit is very similar the to the 6-unit wine cooler. An extra two bottles might be more ideal for your situation, and to be completely honest, its only a few inches bigger and price wise $20 dollars more to upgrade to this one. It’s not a bad idea to just go ahead and upgrade, do it now before you have to buy a whole brand new one. My favorite part about this unit is the cellar temps it keeps it cool at, that’s because I enjoy the red wine more than the whites.
Wine coolers range from 2 bottles, 4-bottles, 6-bottles and 8-bottles. I could not find a wine cooler to fit 10 bottles.You can take a look here for more coolers under 10-bottles to over 40 bottles here.
Take a look at the under counter wine fridge’s over 10-bottles below.
Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler
The Avanti Thermomelectric counter or under counter wine fridge is the best seller for the 12-bottle unit. This unit can hold 8 bottles on their side and 4 standing. Champagne bottles will fit in here, however not standing up. All shelves are adjustable and removable if you need that. This is a great unit with only one temperature control. So, it would mostly work for one or the other, red or white. Fits perfectly under the counter.
- Up to 12 Wine Bottles
- Practical design black body, 8 bottles-on side and 4-bottles standing
- Vibration free
- Modern and Stylish Looking with a Curved Glass Door
- Black Cabinet with Platinum Finish – Would look good for any interior room
NewAir AW-121E 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
The NewAir Aw-121E hold a capacity of 12-bottles of wine. A nice compact counter or under counter unit that is completely vibration free, and accurate temperature controlled. A sharp-looking unit that would fit well in any kitchen or bar room. A single zone wine cooler that is fully customizable. 3 sliding shelves, so take one or all three out to now be able to store Champagne, Bordeaux, Burgundy or Cotes de Provence. A very nice a compact wine cooler.
- Compact size for counter tops or under counter
- Thermoelectric cooling
- Digital control panel
- Soft LED illumination
- 3 slide-out chrome shelves hold 12 bottles of wine
- Silent and Vibration free
Culinair AW162S Thermoelectric 16-Bottle Wine Cooler
The Culinair Thermoelectric 16-Bottle Wine Cooler is the perfect wine cooler to complement your kitchen or wet bar. Simple to operate using state of the art refrigeration technology that eliminates the need for a loud vibrating compressor. Featuring an adjustable temperature control to keep your wine at a consistent temperature at all times. Adjustable shelves with a glass door that displays nicely your wine.
- Store 16 bottle wine cooler
- Thermoelectric technology
- Glass door
- Adjustable temperature controller
Haier 18-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
The Haier 18-bottle is an upgrade to the 12-bottle unit. This unit can hold 18 bottles and has two cooling zones. That means, you can keep whites and reds in the proper cooling temps all in the same unit. The upper zone is for Reds, the temps can be adjusted from 54-66 degrees. The lower cooling zone is for White wine, with the temps adjustable from 46-66 degrees. This unit is ideal for counter or under counter use. The fan noise is comparable to a computer fan, super quite and non noticeable.
- Vibration Free (Ultra Quiet Thermal Electric Cooling)
- Excellent for Red or White Wines
- Curved Door with Smoked Glass
- Dual Touch Screen Controls with 2 LED Displays. (Adjustable Temperature 46-66F upper ; 54-66F lower)
- 9- Chrome Racks
Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
The Koldfront Wine Cooler is a free-standing unit that holds 18 Bottles of wine. It features the dual zone temperature control. Nice for keeping both red and whites in the same wine fridge. They really considered everything when putting this model together. Its very nice looking that is a solid black body with all chrome trim and wood shelves. Vibration free, and digital thermostats. Chill up to 18 bottles at the proper temperatures for the best tasting wines.
- Control panel with LCD temperature display for both zones
- Thermoelectric cooling; Dual zone;
- Free-standing installation
- Black cabinet, stainless steel door trim; Wooden shelving, Tempered glass door
- Top zone temperature range: 54° to 66°F
- Lower zone temperature range: 46° to 66°F
Koldfront 24 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
The Koldfront 24-bottle is an upgrade to 6 more bottles. It has all the same great features, such as dual-zone temperature control to keep reds and wines at the proper temperatures. This makes a great under counter wine fridge. Read what this customer has to say about this unit. “Very very quiet. Good size. Under our wet bar. Reviews stated that it won’t fit larger bottles. You’ll have to remove a tray, but you can stack on top of those bottle to make up the difference. One thing I didn’t read in other reviews… the door is non-adjustable. It opens from left to right (outward to the right). This cannot be adjusted. Just a FYI. ” from amazon.com
23 Bottle Dual Zone Built-In Wine Cooler
This a Titan TT-CWC1523DZ 23 bottle wine cooler. It has many great features, such as the dual zone temperature controls. It’s a solid unit made of high quality stainless steel. Sliding roll out shelves and a stylish door handle. The shelves slide out very smoothly and can fit 23 750ml bottles. Easily adjust the temperatures from lower and upper using the control panel on the door. Wine stays at a consistent temperature thanks to the built-in internal fan, also on board is a carbon filter, so no outside odors will destroy your wine. Highly recommended for the wine enthusiast.
- Stainless steel door and handle.
- Wooden roller shelves
- Dual temperature zones
- White LED lighting
- Glass door
- Touch panel digital control
Things to consider
As you can see, there are several options to choose from. Now its just figuring out what ill fit your needs. Some things to keep in consideration are size, what kind of wine or champagne you will store? Do you need a dual-temperature zoned cooler? Price of course is a factor, the good news is, they don’t cost a lot. In fact, the ones listed in this guide are starting from $50 to $500. Very reasonable for wine coolers.
I would recommend that if you are on the fence about getting a 8-bottle or a 12-bottle, I would say always go just a couple of bottles more. You’ll understand when you start to store your wines. You’re always going to need more room, unless you go big and get that big 48 bottle wine chiller!
Where will you put the wine cooler?
As our website is dedicated to all things under counter, that’s where we recommend you put your under counter wine fridge. As you can see, most of these will fit perfectly under the counter. Although, some smaller wine fridges will fit just fine on top of the shelf, if that suits your needs. Keep in mind, that some wine chillers need a little extra space to circulate the air exchange and we need to keep in mind which way the door will swing open, and is there room for that too.
Will it look good in my Kitchen?
Wine chiller’s are sophisticated and elegant looking. They design these units to look really sharp and classy while blending it very well with your kitchen design and wood cabinets. Most people are really happy about the units and always say how much they really enjoy the stylish looks it brings to a room. So, don’t worry too much. Look for one that will compliment your room.
There are many great wine coolers out there, but this guide has only highlighted the best under counter wine coolers available. What ever your budget is or your need is, this guide has hopefully helped you figure out what will work for you.
I recently upgraded to the Haier 18-Bottle Dual Zone. The major selling point for me was the dual zone temperature control. My wife enjoys white wines and I’m mostly reds, so we’re 50/50 when it comes to our wine consumption. The dual zone is so nice, it can keep two temperatures in the same fridge, and we enjoy having that cellar temperature for our red wine.
The other factor was, it looked great and fits really well in our wet bar. It’s easy to control, its quiet and it looks sharp. But, there is no doubt there are so many to choose from, so best of luck on your wine cooler purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, which one would you get?